Saturday, November 1, 2014

Dia de los Muertos Show 2014 - Ramones R.I.P. - 11/1/14




















In a year where the last of the original 4 Ramones, Tommy, passed away, I thought it would be nice to celebrate the accomplishments of one of the great bands of all time - punk, post punk, rock and roll, or otherwise. And it was nice. Like I say in the podcast, it can be easy to take someone like the Ramones for granted. Their image, their music, their whole overall zeitgeist is so embedded into our culture that some of us, me at least, often almost forget just how great and influential they really were. So playing and talking about the songs that span their entire, impressive career kind of gave me a slightly new perspective on things and I hope it does for you too. Provided you listen to the show by clicking on the link below, of course. Otherwise, to hell with your perspective!

Ramones R.I.P.



No comments: