Friday, April 10, 2015

Siouxsie and the Banshees' Album, "Kaleidoscope" - 4/10/15



















A turning point for both Siouxsie and the Banshees as well as yours truly. With still very little relative musical experience, the punk scene from which they came long since gone, lacking any established creative road map to follow, and half the band having just quit, Siouxsie Sioux and Steve Severin crafted an album unlike anything ever made before or since.

It is most likely my favorite LP of all time and I decided to dedicate a show entirely to my love for it, chronicling how the band managed to get there and where they went afterwards. I don't know if I did the best job explaining how this music makes me feel but I suppose that is kind of the beauty of Kaleidoscope. It just invokes something within me that goes beyond my ability to express. Think that sounds cheesy? Well just wait until you hear me talk about alien desert planets and you can do that, simply by clicking on this link below:

KALEIDOSCOPE SHOW - 4/10/15

Playlist:

****BEFORE KALEIDOSCOPE****

1.) Bad Shape
2.) Hong Kong Garden
3.) Switch
4.) Poppy Day

****AND NOW, KALEIDOSCOPE****

5.) Happy House
6.) Tenant
7.) Trophy
8.) Clockface
9.) Lunar Camel
10.) Christine
11.) Desert Kisses
12.) Red Light
13.) Paradise Place
14.) Skin

****AFTER KALEIDOSCOPE****

15.) Arabian Knights
16.) Spellbound
17.) Ornaments of Gold

No comments: