Friday, July 19, 2013

A Tribute to Bernard Sumner - 7/20/13


Then man who co-founded Joy Division, helped them go electronic, fronted New Order, brought post punk into the dance clubs, formed the first alternative supergroup, and has managed to make consistently good, unique, distinct music for over 35 years now.  If there were a Hall of Fame for this genre, he would be the first inductee.  And hopefully it wouldn't suck like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame does.  Actually, I don't know for a fact that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame sucks.  I don't know anything about it really but my gut tells me it kind of sucks for some reason.  No idea why.

Anyway, I thought Bernard Sumner deserved some serious accolades for his many achievements and for just being underrated in my book. But he's definitely not underrated on my show and tonight's episode served as a tribute to his body of work.  I didn't mean it as any kind of dis to his band mates or any of the talented producers he's worked with or anything. I just thought he deserved special mention.

For all of this special mention and plenty of great, great songs, follow the link below to download the episode:

A Tribute to Bernard Sumner




No comments: